Mobile Deposit FAQs
Western New York Federal Credit Union Mobile Deposit FAQ’s
1. What is Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit is a secure service that allows you to scan endorsed checks for electronic deposit and clearing to your WNY Federal Credit Union savings or checking account through the WNY FCU Home Banking App on your smartphone or tablet.
2. What benefits does Mobile Deposit offer me?
3. Is there a Fee for this Service?
Members will NOT be charged. (See Fee Schedule for savings and checking account fees)
4. What are the requirements to apply for Mobile Deposit?
5. How quickly will the deposit be credited to my account?
Checks submitted for deposit prior to 3:00pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) will be credited to your account on the same business day. Deposits submitted after 3:00pm EST will be credited to your account on the next business day. Business days are Monday-Friday, excluding holidays.
6. How do I make a deposit using Mobile Deposit through a smartphone or tablet?
Endorse the back of the check to include the following:
7. What types of accounts can I deposit into?
Deposits can be made into your WNY Federal Credit Union savings or checking accounts.
8. What is the hold policy on checks scanned?
Refer to WNY Federal Credit Union’s Funds Availability and Collection of Checks Disclosure.
9. What should I do with the check once it has been scanned?
You must securely store each original check for a period of ninety (90) days after you receive confirmation that your deposit has been accepted. Under no circumstances should you deposit the paper check. You will receive an email notification when your deposit is accepted, or you can reference your monthly statement to monitor your deposits. Once the ninety (90) days has elapsed, you can destroy your original check by shredding or another secure method. Please note you are solely responsible and liable for the security and storage of the original checks and take full responsibility for any loss or misappropriation of these checks.
10. What types of check can be scanned for deposit?
Single-party, domestic checks made payable to owner(s) of the WNY Federal Credit Union account the check is being deposited into.
11. If I have questions, who can I contact for assistance?
You can email Western New York Federal Credit Union at email@example.com or call (716) 771-5000.